These three British cannon that have been sitting on
the Cambridge Common for over one hundred thirty years.
A small marker next to the cannon states that the
three cannon had been emplaced in Fort William and were left
behind when the British forces left Boston in March of 1776.
Historians state that these cannon were originally
brought down to Cambridge from Crown Point by Col. Henry
Knox to help bring to an end the siege of Boston.