View from hotel room, Provincetown Inn
Breakwater and Wood End Light, which is at the entrance to
Wood End Light Lookout Station is an historic lighthouse, located
at the southwest end of Long Point in Provincetown, Massachusetts. It
is located at Wood End, near the southernmost extent of the
Provincetown Spit, and acts as a navigational aid to vessels on their
approach to Provincetown Harbor.
The light was first illuminated on November 20, 1872 and added to the
National Register of Historic Places in 1987. In 1981, Wood End Light
became the first Massachusetts lighthouse to be converted to use solar
energy to power the light and fog signal equipment.