Wesley United Methodist Church (1923)
example of late Gothic Revival style, this church
building was begun in July 1925 and dedicated on May 8,
1927. Its congregation was formed in 1923 from the
merged congregations of Grace and Trinity churches.
Early in 1924, the congregation of 2500 members decided
to build a new church, commissioned the Boston
architectural firm of Carlson and Coolidge to design a
building and, in October 1924, accepted the plans of
that firm for the present building. Prominent among the
building's details is a rose window designed and made
by Charles J. Connick of Boston.
Photo 54, March 2011