Narbonne-Hale House
Part of Salem Maritime Historic Site
The part of the house with the high peaked roof was built by
butcher Thomas Ives, who later added a lean-to the south side and a
kitchen lean-to at the back. Around 1740 the southern lean-to was
replaced by today's gambrel-roofed addition. From 1750 to 1780, the
house was owned by Capt. Joseph Hodges, and in 1780 the house was
purchased by tanner Jonathan Andrew. The house was lived in by
descendants of the Andrew family from 1780 to 1964, when the house was
sold to the National Park Service.
Photo hale4, July 2001