Louis S. St-Laurent Building
The Louis S. St-Laurent Building is a building in Quebec City, Canada.
Built between 1872 and 1873, this building originally houses the
city's central post office, and nowadays government offices.
From 1846, the central post office of the city occupies this ground by
settling in the house of the Golden Dog. This inn is demolished to
allow the construction of the new building between 1871 and 1873. In
memory, a stone commemorating the golden dog overhangs the main door.
The plans are made by the architect Pierre Gauvreau, in a Second
Empire style, combined with elements of Fine Arts style. The building
is built with limestone chipped limestone Deschambault formation in
Saint-Marc-des-Carrières. Inside, the post office walls are paneled in
gray-blue marble from the Philipsburgh quarries.
Photo 282, June 2014