Trinity Episcopal Church on the Green
Trinity Church on the Green or Trinity on the Green is a
historic, culturally and community-active parish of the Episcopal
Diocese of Connecticut in New Haven, Connecticut of the Episcopal
Church. It is one of three historic churches on the New Haven Green.
This landmark building was designed by Ithiel Town in 1813, built
between 1814 and 1815, and consecrated in 1816. It was built in what
contemporaries such as Bishop Abraham Jarvis labeled as the "Gothick
style". It is the first example of a thoroughly Gothic style
derived church building in North America, and predates the Gothic
Revival architectural style in England by more than two decades.