Spurwink Church
The meeting house was erected in 1802 by the inhabitants of
the southern part of Cape Elizabeth who were determined to
have their own church.
The Meeting House has been renovated several times, that we know
about, major changes being in 1834 and 1895. At the earlier date a
belfry was added and a vane that cost $40. In 1895 or '96 the present
chandelier (purchased second hand) was installed. It has now been
restored to its original beauty and electrified--far safer than when
it used kerosene, and is certainly the focal point of the interior.
The organ in use now was built before 1890 and donated in 1922 by Ida
Brown.
Photo 135, Oct 2010