Jamestown Memorial Church at Historic Jamestown/b>
The brick Church, built in 1907, was a gift to the APVA (now
Preservation Virginia) from the National Society of Colonial Dames of
America. The stately Church stands behind a brick tower, erected c.
1690, which is the only surviving seventeenth-century structure at
Jamestown. It is also one of the oldest English-built edifices
standing in the United States. The interior of the Church contains the
brick and cobblestone foundations of the 1639 church. Just yards away,
the "noble" James River flows beside the site. The River and the
natural setting provide additional beauty and tranquility to the
magnificent historic setting, where our most cherished traditions of
freedom were planted and took root.