PNC Bank Building
The buildings housing PNC Bank, formerly Bank of America, and
before the Riggs National Bank and American Security Bank, at the
corner 15th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, were originally built
in 1902 and 1905 by York & Sawyer, with an addition in 1924 by
Appleton P. Clark Jr.
Lafayette Square Historic District, roughly bordered by 15th and
17th Sts. and H St. and State and Treasury Places, exclusive of the
White House and its grounds, covers the seven-acre public park,
Lafayette Square, and its surrounding structures including the
Executive Office Building, Blair House, the Treasury Building, the
Decatur House, and St. John's Episcopal Church.
Photo 141, Nov 2016