Christ The King Church
Christ The King Presbyterian Church is a historic Presbyterian Church in America
(PCA) church at 99 Prospect Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts near Central Square.
The historic church building was designed by Alexander Rice Esty and was
constructed in 1851 for the First Evangelical Congregational Church in
Cambridgeport (Prospect Congregational), a Reformed congregation gathered in
1827 by members of Lyman Beecher's Hanover Street Church in Boston. Beecher
and William Augustus Stearns gave the dedicatory sermons in 1852. The church
building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. In 1985
the original congregation merged with another congregation to become North
Prospect Union Church in Medford and the building stood vacant. In 1995 Christ
the King Presbyterian Church (CTK), a Reformed congregation founded the previous
year as a church plant, purchased the dormant church building.