College Street Congregational Church, Burlington
In 1860 a small group of men and women, feeling strongly about the
issues of slavery, women's rights, and a more liberal interpretation of church
doctrine, organized the Third Congregational church and Society of Burlington,
The present building was completed in 1866, and in 1888 the name College
Street Congregational church was officially adopted. In 1957 the church became a
part of the United Church of Christ.
Photo 237, Aug 2005