Episcopal Church of Our Saviour
Church of Our Saviour is a parish in the Episcopal
Diocese of Massachusetts located at 25 Monmouth St. in
The church was built in 1868 by the brothers Amos and
William Lawrence, in honour of their father, Amos Lawrence.
It was designed by architect Alexander Rice Esty and
completed February 19, 1868, with its first service
following on March 22. The first rector was the Rev. Elliott
Tompkins, of Northampton, Mass. The church has had a long
and distinguished history of music, with its directors
including Gardner Evans.
Photo 52, Feb 2012